Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Very Different View

Yes, I had seen pictures....Lots of pictures...But just like everything else, it really doesn't sink in or pictures just don't do it justice....Seeing all the damage from the fires was just crazy...I think I said that word "crazy" hundreds of times this memorial weekend...Mind-boggling, crazy, weird, etc....

I drove down to the lake by myself on saturday (well with the 3 dogs in tow) and the closer I got I could really start seeing all the areas that got hit hard by these fires....Seeing First Baptist Church completely on the ground was really weird...They always have the neatest quotes and I loved reading them...So I thought there would be one up and there wasn't:(....

The amazing thing was seeing how a house would be completely gone and the one next door untouched....










These are from our area--Gaines Bend....You are just so used to all the trees and now it's just empty space...They have already started clearing all the trees.....

You've never been able to walk out of the house towards the road and see the lake.....Now you can...

Lake view of a house that burned.....

Street view of same house from inside Gaines Bend....

A view from the lake...This house basically was over the water....

And here is the same house from the street view inside Gaines Bend









No comments: