Monday, May 23, 2011

Dallas Aquarium

Kohen didn't have school on Friday so mom and I took off work to take the kids to the Dallas World Aquarium....I have never been and was probably just as excited as the kids....After a few pit stops on the way (since Kresee has to pee often) we finally made it there....It was great...I highly recommend going...Especially since its indoors and cool...And they have such a great set-up....LOTS of animals to see.....So I won't post every single picture because I took lots!!

Here we are at the only portion outside---the penguins....
After looking at the anteater (which he was moving too fast to get a picture of) we saw this sloth--more pics of him later!....

Kohen loved following the turtles and fish....


The biggest, nastiest crab I've ever seen!!!

In the shark tunnel....You could just sit there and they would swim up above you....It was pretty neat....

Kohen checking out the hammer head shark.....

Kresee loved the alligators....They had 2 huge ones and one smaller one...This was the little one...

The most random thing was the jaguar...I actually felt sorry for him...He just paced and paced and wanted out soooo badly....Poor guy!!

We went through twice and the 2nd time he was zonked out!!
Back to my favorite thing ever....I could have taken this sloth home...He was so stinking cute (so ugly he was cute kind of thing)....You could go right up to him...He can't walk so he just hangs out...and I knew that they moved crazy slow, but had no idea how slow....too precious!

He gets anxious from all the people and wanted to be held....

How sweet is this....I wanted to hold him soooo bad!!!




Hanging upside down on the rails....

Checking out the precious penguins....

And another favorite was this ginormous turtle....Geez he was big...Kohen loves taking pictures;)...It took me awhile but I realized his left front flipper was just a nub...Poor guy...At least he's safe now!....



And right when you enter/exit the aquarium these baby penguins are hanging out...They were so little and cute:)....


No comments: