Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Update

Weekly Total: 16 miles
Monthly Total: 33.5 miles

Well I thought I had an easy week last week, but this week was definitely one that wasn't too hard on my body....I haven't been hitting the 20 mile mark like previous weeks, but that's OK...Like I mentioned, I kind of tweaked my quad in my soccer game on Sunday...Not 5 minutes in (eventhough I felt like I stretched well), I felt something pull...And it got worse quick...So I sat on the bench the rest of the game...I felt like a baby (or that everyone probably thought that)...BUT they don't know that I've been training for this half-marathon since December and I can't afford to pull a muscle!!!....I went home and iced it...Stretched like crazy...Did the same on Monday....I skipped zumba on Tuesday and just went walking 3 miles around the neighborhood...I did a very light jog for about 30-45 secs 4 times during that 50 minutes....It felt OK....

Wednesday I rested some more...Just lots more stretching...I changed the sheets and washed the comforter and while throwing it on the bed I felt it pull again...So I'm thinking crap!!

Thursday I felt like I needed to test it out...I ran 3 miles on the treadmill and if felt good...I then went to zumba and just went through the movements without adding any extra jumping/bouncing like normal...I didn't do any squats...I'm sure everyone was wondering why I was even there (haha)....

Friday another day of rest/stretching....

Saturday (yesterday) was the real test...I wanted one more good long run since I'm 2 weeks out....Kerry and I decided 10 miles was a good number....Thankfully mom was able to come and get the kids while we ran around the neighborhood...I went nice and slow...Stopped twice very quickly to grab a drink, some honey stingers and stretched a little both times...Eventhough it took me 1:49 minutes to run 10 miles I felt good and actually lots of other things hurt more than my quad...It really didn't bother me at all...SO I was very happy about that....

Now I've just got about 4-5 more light runs (2-3 this week and 2 next week) then one long run next weekend (I'm thinking maybe around 8 miles)...Hoping that everything holds up and I'm ready....

I'm getting so stinking nervous....I know I say that every week, but it continues to get worse!!...I just need to get it out of my head that I DON'T have to stay the same pace as my fast running buddies (Angela, Shea, Randi)....I need to just let that go...And run my own race at my own pace....I don't want to have a goal time anymore stuck in my head....This is my first half-marathon...Finishing is more than I've ever done---so just finish:)...That's my goal now!!

2 comments:

Katy said...

I promise the mental part is more than half the battle. Once you finish one and your body and mind see that you can do it, each one you run after that will be so much easier! BTW, loved Kreese's bday party!!!! Good luck in a few weeks! My next one is April 3!

Tina & Scott said...

I just love reading these posts and I admire you so much! Good luck, Kendra! It was so fun to see you on Sat. - thank you for coming to my shower!!!