Saturday, November 20, 2010

City of Lights 5K


Kerry and I signed up yesterday to run the City of Lights 5K downtown...It was such a gorgeous day and was perfect running weather....Sadly, I hadn't run more than 1.5 miles at a time since Race for the Cure 5 weeks ago...I was a little nervous and hoping I would do OK and just finish...There were a lot of fun hills but I did it...Kerry's foot has been hurt and so he hasn't been able to run like normal either, but he also did well....
Sooooo, I was just so surprised to hear that I got 1st place in my age group (Women 30-34)!!!! Kohen had been asking me if I was going to win the race and I kept saying that no, I would not b/c I wasn't racing to win...I just wanted to run and finish...And I beat the 2nd place winner by 4 whole minutes:)...I was so proud of myself....
Kerry placed 3rd in the Mens 30-34 age group...So proud of him as well!!!!....
I've really wanted to try a 10K and there is one coming up at the YMCA on Dec 11th (exactly 3 weeks from today)...If I can keep up the running for the next few weeks, we might attempt that one...I don't know though!

1 comment:

erin and dutch said...

yay kendra!! thats so awesome!!! dutch and i (liv,too!) are doing a 5k on thanksgiving morning...im a bit nervous too since im recovering from strep throat..but i just want to finish. (its a benefit to feeding the homeless.) i really doubt i snag a win pushing a jogging stroller..and a chance of snow that day. okay, longest comment ever..but congrats! xoxoxo