Friday, April 24, 2009

3 Yr Check-Up & 7 Weeks

We had Kohen's 3 year check-up yesterday with Dr. Yap. Kohen was pretty worried about it Wednesday night when I reminded him we were going the next day. "Do I have to get a shot?" Luckily, I was able to tell him no and that made him feel better. Now, next year is going to be a different story.

He had the best time with Dr. Yap. He loved every minute of it and really was upset that we had to leave. We just love Dr. Yap and Kohen does too.

Sadly, my child lied as soon as Dr. Yap entered the room saying he wears underwear. So, of course, Dr. Yap believes him. They go through the Q & A. It was funny listening to Kohen answer all of his questions.

"Do you like green beans?"
"No, I eat carrots. I like apples too."

"Do you sleep in your own bed?
"Yep, I have a basketball bed from Santa's workshop."

"Do you brush your teeth?"
"Yes, I read a book, drink my milk....." He tells him his nighttime routine which does include brushing his teeth.

Then the real questions began about pottying and accidents. And I had to explain that "Oh, we aren't potty-trained. He just fibbed!" So Dr. Yap thought that was pretty funny. But he did tell Kohen that he should start trying. Yeah right!!

The funniest was when he was listening to Kohen's heart on his chest and back. If you know Dr. Yap you know he constantly says "Uh-huh" in this soothing voice the whole time he's using his stethoscope. So Kohen is just smiling and has this weird look, so Kerry knew it was coming. Kohen proceeds to say "Why do you say Uh-huh all the time?" We all busted out laughing and Dr. Yap commented on how observant he was. It was pretty hilarious.

We didn't make our goal of 30 lbs., but were just 3 oz. shy. He weighed 29 lbs 13 oz. So he gained about 5 1/2 lbs from last year. He was 38 inches long and grew 4 inches from last year. He remains in the 50% for height and actually increased to about the 30% for weight which was great.

And Kresee turned 7 weeks yesterday. I can't wait until she goes to her 2 mos. appointment in 2 weeks just to see how much she weighs. I think she is a little chunk already and has grown way too much in just 7 short weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your children are very sweet. Thanks for adding my link and stopping by my blog on a regular basis. :)

Jodie Goodison

ladymann said...

I am so glad to know that we are not the only parents with an un-potty-trained 3 year old. Judson is 3 years and almost 5 months old and is not even close to being PT. We are planning to start getting more firm on Saturday. I am so tired of changing diapers:)