Saturday, May 18, 2013

Run For A Reason

This morning I went and ran Run for a Reason 5K over at Lake Wichita....It was a free 5K and the kids spent the night with Grammie, so I thought I might as well get my workout in and run with some other people...You had to write on your arm why you run...I really didn't have a great answer...I run mainly to stay active, be healthy and set an example for my kids....It was really, really hot and humid...I haven't run but only one time since my half marathon 2 weeks ago so I knew it was going to be a fun one--haha...

Here is a group of us lining up for the news camera to film our arms with writing on them...
 Running in towards the finish line...I really, really wanted to walk some of this but I didn't...I was just so hot and worn out...It wasn't easy....
 I ran into one of my former students that I had at both McNiel and Rider...I love that he wrote stuttering on his arm...I worked with him for several years and never felt I did much for him...It was nice hearing how great he sounded and him saying thank you for everything I did for him...Very neat!

No comments: