Saturday, March 10, 2012

1/2 Marathon #4---Xpress

A week ago I ran my 4th 1/2 marathon here in town....That's my 2nd one to do here and I really like waking up and knowing it will only take me 10 minutes to get there and park!!...This was the 1st Annual Xpress Soccer 5K and 1/2 marathon...And they did a wonderful job...I will definitely run this one again next year...I think there were about 70 people that ran the 1/2, so a nice turnout for them...
Here is my medal and shirt that I wore...Don't know why it's sideways??
It was not warm Saturday morning....Great running weather but super chilly at the start while waiting to begin...Here we are (minus Randi) trying to stay warm...Angela, Shea, Jennifer and Me.....
We started a little late, but not too bad...But here is the start...Mike is out in front:)
I can actually see myself at the very back on the right in front of the bright purple shirt lady:)
I ran with Jennifer the whole time...The weekend before this we ran together and it was her first ever 10 miler...So this 1/2 was obviously the first time she had ever went past 10 miles...She did great and I'm glad that I stayed with her...I think her mind would have let her quit when I knew she could do it....It really only got a little rough on our way back...So I think maybe miles 9 and 10??...We had to run on that chat trail...I was not prepared for that....I thought we were on the paved trail the whole time...So running for 1.5 miles in gravel was not fun and slowed us down a bit...But once we got back up on the street for miles 10.5 and on, it was much better...The bad thing is that I got a huge rock in my shoe...One that I knew I couldn't run 3 more miles in without it making my foot bleed or getting a ginormous blister...I had to stinking stop and take off my shoe and get the rock out and put my shoe back on...Ugh....
The best part about this whole race that I really felt pretty good the whole time...I like knowing that I could have pushed myself more and I really liked that I was able to sprint it all the way into the stadium to cross the finish line...I was at a 7:54/mile pace running it in which is really fast for me--haha....
But the most exciting thing was that my mom watched the kids and since the run was right by her house, she brought the kids out to see Mike and I cross the finish line...They have never been to one of my runs, so I was very excited to see them....Kohen ran out and we ran across the finish line together...He was SOOOOO excited about that...But poor Kresee also jumped out and we left her behind...I had no idea she came running too...
Here we are...Tired legs and all trying to squat and hold them both up--haha!!....I finished in 2:13:28...Which isn't my best time, but I'll take it---it was a good run...And these kids made it the best one yet....
Angela and Shea killed it as usual with a 1:56:58....Randi got a 1:55:45....Randi was 2nd place and Angela was 3rd place in their age group...Sadly, with me being 16 mintues behind Angela I got 4th place--hahaha!!...There were only 6 women in our age group...So 4th out of 6th for me:)
Here we are with our medals...It was nice to have them all waiting on Jennifer and I to finish...Shea was at the road where we turned back into the stadium...There were probably 3 or 4 girls ahead of me...She was like "Kendra--get in front of them!!"...So that is what I did:)
Another sweet picture DeEdra of photo[e]motion got of me and the kids....Mike wanted to finish under 2 hours...He did it in 1:59:47, so 13 seconds to spare...What's more amazing is that he had just ran Cowtown 1/2 marathon 6 days before and got a 2:04...So he really did well to have such a great PR!!...
2 more long runs and then my 5th 1/2 marathon in a year's time on March 25th

No comments: