Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 Accomplishments

I never make New Year's Resolutions. Never really have. But I did have one main thing that I wanted to accomplish for 2011 and that was a 1/2 Marathon. That was something that I always thought was crazy. Something I thought I could never do in a million years. And I proved that even in 5 months that goal was attainable. I ran my 1st ever 5K in October of 2010 and my first 1/2 marathon in March 2011. I'm not very fast. I will probably never run a sub 2 hour 1/2 marathon, but it's awesome knowing I did it:)
I also wanted to run/log as many miles as I could in one year's time. I ended up with 641.5 miles for the year and 118 hours of Zumba/bootcamp classes. I was pretty proud of myself for all of that. The most exercise and the most healthy I've been in who knows how long. The best part was finding a new love for running. I LOVE Zumba, but I also like mixing it up during the week. And I'm so happy that I completed not only 1, but two 1/2 marathons in 2011. Completing White Rock and beating my previous time by 9 minutes was an awesome way to end the year. And then 6 days later having a PR in my 5K was also pretty great.
I plan on keeping my running mileage and gym class hours for 2012 as well. Maybe I can do the same or even better this year. We shall see:)
2012--I would like to complete a few more 1/2 marathons. I would like to sign up for a few more races too. I only did 1-10K and 2-5K's this year.
And my main thing would be for Kerry to be able to join me again in 2012. He got hurt several months ago. Tore his patella tendon in his knee (not from running though). So he has been out of running commission for awhile now. It was weird training for White Rock without him. It was hard I know on him letting me go and run it wishing he were there with me. He just now gave it another go and has ran a mile 2 or 3 times on the treadmill. So I'm really hoping it holds up, that it heals completely and that it doesn't cause him too much discomfort. I know he is tired of doing the elliptical at the gym for his workouts.

No comments: