Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Update

Weekly Total: 21 miles
Monthly Total: 77.5

Well I exceeded my monthly goal by a lot...Training for this half-marathon I guess will do that...Once March is over, I'm sure I will have to really have to make an effort to keep up my monthly goal!!...But I had a good week...2 runs of 5.5 miles and then yesterday I made it a whole 10 miles....I honestly thought I would never be able to run that much...And it wasn't bad...I think yesterday was probably the first day I realized that I will be able to do this half-marathon...I've been really, really very worried abouth the whole thing...It might not be a pretty time when I finish, but I do know that I can and will finish the 13.1 miles:)

Trying to throw in zumba during the week because I LOVE going to zumba is hard, but thanks to my mom I got to go to zumba on Friday...Maybe this week I can make it to 2 classes....And I started soccer back up...So my Sunday afternoons will be spent out on the soccer field....I'm just praying that I don't get hurt because that will kill me if I end up pulling a muscle during soccer and not be able to run...I stretched like crazy today before my game and constantly during it...I'm determined to stay healthy!!!

So honestly I have to just say thank you, thank you to my sweet mom....Kerry and I are both training for this and it does take time out of our already busy schedule...We love being able to work out as much as we can anyways, but we know we really need to make sure we get our runs in each week...My mom is always so happy to watch my kids whenever I ask her...On Saturdays, now that Kerry and I are running for over an hour and a half to 2 hours, I am soooo appreciative of her and Mike allowing our two to come and hang out:)...Thanks mom!!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Great job Kendra! If you can run the 10 miles now, you can easily run the 13.1! Keep up the good work because crossing that finish line is amazing!