Saturday, May 22, 2010

Ft. Worth Zoo

I took off work yesterday to take the kids to the Ft. Worth Zoo with my mom and her husband, Mike....Mike's daughter, son-in-law and 2 grandkids went as well...So we had a good crew and a lot of fun....The kids and I left the house at 7:45 am so we had time to stop and get some donut holes before we met up with everyone....We spent a whole day at the zoo and didn't leave until 4:00....Got home at 7:45 pm and so we were all pretty tired....

I had been promising to take Kohen to the zoo for a couple of months now...He and I had planned to go during Spring Break but he decided to get an ear infection...Then I was going to surprise him one Saturday in April and on that Friday night he decided to get the stomach bug....So when my mom wanted to take him yesterday, Kresee and I decided to tag a long...

Can you believe I've never been to the zoo with my kids!!!...Kohen has only been once...But he was 2 1/2 yrs old then...He went in the Fall of 2008 with Kerry's parents....So I was really excited to go....But last night when I was putting Kohen to bed, he made the comment that he really wanted to go back but Daddy to come as well...So maybe we can head north next time with Daddy to the OKC zoo...

This was one of the first animals we saw (after the monkeys)...They looked like little, super skinny deer...But he just stood up for the longest time hitting his front hooves at the branches...It was so cute:)....
You might not be able to see but this duck's bill is black and yellow...So Kohen named him the Rider Raider duck....We did see a Coyote too and got a picture of him:)


Kangaroos were just lying down on the ground....I guess it was their nap time....The one big one was just sprawled out and Kohen says "Did he get shot?"....That kid only thinks of bad and horrible things...Goofball...There was another animal (I can't remember which one), but he was like "Is that blood all over him?"....No, Kohen it isn't!



He was trying to not smile or look at me...Little stinker!....His hair is caked in sunscreen...Looks like he is super sweaty....Luckily, it was a decent day....The sun wasn't glaring the whole time...And they had lots of shade...Pretty day to go...
I had to end up riding on the horse with Kresee....She was OK at first but then needed me on there with her....I was afraid it wouldn't hold me!

How wide is your wingspan??

Kohen's wing span was the size of a Penegrine Falcon:)

Mica helped Kohen feed the birds so I could take some pictures....

He didn't seem to mind the birds until they started landing on his feeding stick...Then I had to hold it....
On our way back to from the lions/tigers....Grammie was sitting with the 2 baby girls while they napped....So Kohen was done at this point....Did not want to walk anymore:) and so he was far behind...I'm sure some people were wondering who was with this kid!

Standing by the baby elephant statue....Kresee had just woken up from a little nap...So she missed the lions, tigers, and rhinos....
Kohen standing next to the Africa Termite Mounds...Crazy that they are this big...I can't imagine seeing those for real??...Yuck!
Again, we had a great time....Can't wait to do it again!

No comments: