Monday, October 26, 2009

12 Years

12 years ago today this little stinkpot was born....Yes, she literally is a stinkpot....This dog (in her old age) has aquired the most nose-burning gas possible and sadly, it's never-ending....But anyways, Kerry and I got her our senior year of high school....She was born in Graham and made her way to a lovely pet store here in town...Kerry just wanted to go and look....It was about 2 days after Christmas in 1997 and there she was sitting in a sad, little cage with mange on her head....She was somewhere around $350....Can you believe that??...Yes, back then we obviously contributed to a breeder.....Knowing what I know now, I would never purchase a dog from a pet store much less a breeder....Rescue dogs are the only ones for us:)


I can't say she's sweet or loving...Kerry would say those things....She's his dog....If you know Sage, then you know what I mean....She has a sweet side, but she can be a fiesty little one....We were scared to death of what would happen when Kohen entered our family....But I can honestly say she's been great....She knew from the get go just to stay away from the baby and we've never ever had a problem with her and the kids....I don't really worry about her anymore....She is a very loyal dog....The only one who wouldn't run away if we left the gate or front door wide open...She wouldn't dare leave our front yard....She loves to eat and shakes when she knows you are fixing her dinner....She loves to snuggle with Kerry at night....She loves for you to nibble on her cheek....Hunter does this to her but she really likes it when her Daddy does it....When Kerry is around she follows him everywhere....When he's not around she doesn't leave my side...She is at my feet farting as I type.....
Happy 12th Birthday Sage (nibbles, nage, duman, nakey and all the other names Kerry has for her)!!
BUT I have to point out that this wasn't a happy day for me....Yes, I'm glad Sage is still with us after 12 years....But we only got to have Biskit a few more weeks after her 12th birthday....This sweet face has been gone for exactly 3 months today....This is my all time favorite picture of her...I have it framed and it's hanging in our hallway by our bedroom door....So I get to look at her everytime I leave or go into my room....I thought it would actually be easier by now, but honestly its just not....I don't think I've ever missed anything like I miss her....

No comments: