Wednesday, July 1, 2009

12 Years!!


Well Biskit made it to her 12th birthday....I'm so happy she has lived 12 wonderful years (7 with us), but I'm so sad knowing it's her last birthday....Truly breaks my heart...I've done OK today since I had some friends over and it has kept my mind off her....She lays behind me right now as I type on the computer...She follows me everywhere I go and won't let me out of her sight...I just think she knows she's sick....It's weird because she knows everytime she is going to have a seizure too....She comes and finds Kerry or I and you can see it in her big brown eyes and then it starts...We usually grab a towel and just hold and love on her because they can last several minutes.....

As far as an update:
She is doing as well as she can....She has continued to eat well....We have been giving the medicine for 2 weeks now....We had to stop it for a few days at one point because it was upsetting her tummy too badly....Then we started doing every day and a half and we just recently got back to every 24 hours....We are praying that her body continues to handle the medicine well.....I just went and re-filled it yesterday...We are re-filling every 2 weeks since we don't know how much longer she has....I cried today on my way home from my sister's clinic...I had to run and get the dogs more heartworm pills....I knew it was the last time I would buying them for her....I cry knowing that she is almost out of dog food and the next bag I buy, it will be her last bag....

As far as the tumor in her bladder---I don't think it's shrinking....She still continues to squat and pee for long periods of time....And tumor on her belly is just awful looking now....It's crazy seeing how big and how its changed in just 3 weeks....She used to could lay flat on her back and you couldn't see it....Now it's this big mass just sitting on her belly and its hard as a rock and bigger than a golf ball now....I guess it will just continue to get big....I just hate looking at it because it sags so badly when she is walking around and I know its so uncomfortable for her to lay down.....

Below are pictures that I'm sure not many really care to see....But just so you know what we are looking at on a daily basis and it just breaks my heart.......

These were taken on June 15th.....



This past Sunday on June 28th.....Its grown so much....

From behind it looks the worst just hanging off her belly....
Happy 12th Birthday to the sweetest dog.......

1 comment:

LaceeDiann said...

This makes me so sad for you guys. I will be praying for you. I know how tough losing a dog can be.