Thursday, March 12, 2009

One Week

Kresee is one week old today. It's been such an amazing week with this sweet new baby girl in our house. I swear I get teary-eyed every time I gaze into her precious face when we snuggle together in bed. I just can't believe she is already here and that I have two gorgeous kiddos of my own. I feel so blessed and happy.




We had her one-week well baby check up this morning at the hospital. She did great. She is weighing in at 6 lbs 15 oz (10 ozs less than her birth weight). She passed all her little reflex tests and her jaundice level was very low which was great. I was really wanting to just know her weight and make sure she wasn't jaundiced. I didn't think she was--we have been sunning every day and I thought she looked good. We did get in trouble for letting her sleep so long at night. Last night, I fed her at 8:45 and put her to bed at 9:30 and she didn't wake up until 6:30 this morning. Believe me, she stirred a little bit around 1:30 and I tried to go ahead and feed her but she was too busy still sleeping. Oh well, I think she eats just great all day long and I'm not too worried about going more than 4 hrs between a feeding. We go to her first appointment on Tuesday with her pediatrician. She will be 2 days shy of 2 weeks at that point. Hopefully, she will gain a few ounces between today and Tuesday.




We got home and I fed her and she is back to doing what she does best: sleeping. This is her first time hanging out in the swing. I think she is going to like it:)


1 comment:

Tina & Scott said...

OH, Kendra - she is beautiful! I love her hat!