Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Delivery Story

I hope to get some more pictures posted of Kresee....She is such a sweet and easy going baby so far....Sleeps a lot which is something we aren't used to...Even as a newborn, Kohen was up all day long but slept great at night...She sleeps a lot during the day and has managed to still make 6-7 hr stretches at night which is great....Once we get this feeding thing down, I know it will go much smoother...Sometimes it takes a good hour to feed her but she is learning and is doing well....

She just looks so much like Kohen....I will have to post some side by side pictures to let you see how much they do look alike as newborns....

I'm doing well too...I can't believe she will be a week old tomorrow...This time last week, I was at work trying to tie up all the lose ends knowing I was going to be having a baby the next day....And know she lays here in my lap as I type this (sound asleep of course!)

But her birthday was awesome....I was worried because I had such an easy delivery with Kohen that I might not be that lucky again...I was also induced with Kohen and from start to finish he was here within 8 hours....She was here in 6 1/2....

We got to the hospital at 7:30....By the time we got all situated and admitted and ready it was 8:30 before they hooked up my IV and started the pitocin.....At that point I was 3 cm dilated and 60% effaced....At 9:20, Dr. Lamar came and broke my water...He said I could go ahead and have an epidural b/c I was 3 cm but I figured I would wait awhile since I wasn't in any pain...At 11:30 when I had been having some lovely painful contractions for about 30 minutes, I did get that epidural....I was then 4 cm and 75% effaced....So after that it was fairly boring...Kerry and I just sat there and watched TV...I was starving the entire time and it didn't help him eating McDonald's in front of me....At 1:50, I was checked again...I was then 5 cm and 90%....Not 30 minutes later, I was feeling a lot of pressure with each contraction...So at 2:30 the nurse checked and I was already 10 cm and ready to go....They called the doctor, he came right over, 3 pushes later Kresee was born at 3:01 pm....So it happened really quickly that last hour....

We were so glad to only have to spend the night one night...It was nice getting home on Friday afternoon especially when you have another kiddo at home waiting for you....Ok, lunch time for me.....

No comments: