Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Treat:)

Kerry and I didn't do much of anything yesterday for Valentine's Day which was actually pretty nice. Kohen was in our room at 7:15 on the dot and jumped in bed with us. But he immediately wanted something to drink. As he was leaving our room he said "Mommy, do you want apple juice or anything?" Just melted my heart. I just love hearing the things that come out of his mouth. Of course, I know he can only open our refridgerator so I got up to to go and help him with his drink. He immediately spotted the heart cookies and wanted those instead. So I promised him I would make them later.
He did go and get our V-Day cards. Kerry had bought me some beautiful tulips on Friday but we hadn't exchanged cards yet. Kerry must have handed them to him to bring to me (because I was back laying down in bed). He was so excited to tell me that mine was the white one and he and Daddy had red ones that matched. So we opened our cards and hung out for a little while. Kerry's goal this weekend was to get the hardwood floors installed in the upstairs room so it was just Kohen and I for the morning and most of the afternoon. I did have a V-Day brunch with some other mommies at 10:30 so that was a very nice meal and very yummy. Kohen hung out at my mom's while I was there.
Afterwards, Kohen and I came home and took a very short nap. I was soooooo desperately wanting a nap because I was just worn out. I had a really rough week at work and knew my body just needed to relax and take it easy. But go figure, Kohen took a 50 minute nap and for me that was about 25 mins long since it took me awhile to doze off. He is really liking Peter Pan right now. So his babysitter let him borrow it (VCR tape) and we only have a VCR hooked up in the living room. So I grabbed my pillow and blanket and rested on the couch while he played with his pirates and pirate ship and watched the movie.
Later on, once Kerry decided his back was killing him and he needed a break. We all got ready so we could run up to the hospital and let Kohen meet baby Jack. But in the meantime, Kohen got mad about something and said "Mommy, I'm very mad and I'm serious" I couldn't help but laugh since I've never heard him say the word serious. But he got over it quickly and we stopped by for about 15 mins to let him look at Baby Jack.
We then headed on over to Sevi's Burritos for our very romantic V-Day dinner. It was sooo good though and I got a small burrito and definately could have inhaled a large. We got to listen to Kohen talk way too loud about everything and I'm sure interrupt the whole 2 other couples in there eating. At one point, the waitress walked by and Kohen kept saying very loudly "Ohhh, someone tooted...Who tooted....Its stinks!!"...We are laughing and trying to get him to basically shut-up.
At last, we got home and made his new favorite cookies now. He was happy after that and then Kohen and Kerry topped off their V-Day with a lovely Star Wars movie (I swear!!). Kohen got to watch about 15 mins of it and who knows how long Kerry was up watching it because I was definately asleep:)

So right now, Kohen is again in the living room watching Peter Pan as I post this. Kerry is upstairs working on the wood floor (which will not be done by today!!!). I will post a picture of that later. And I will continue to do laundry and pick up like I normally do on Sunday afternoons. AND I do hope to get a nap in today!!

1 comment:

erin and dutch said...

he is a mess! i love it..i'm scared to even know what liv will come up with.. have you gotten anything in the mail from me?