Sunday, February 8, 2009

Maggie Moo's

So we were very excited on Thursday because Maggie Moo's finally opened! I, being a pregnant girl, couldn't wait. And I was not going to be happy if it was after I had Kresee because I then didn't have a good reason to want ice cream often. And I wasn't able to eat ice cream or drink milk for a year!! while I was nursing Kohen because it tore his little belly up. So I was glad they opened and that I will be able to eat it some before Kresee gets here in case we have the same problem with her. I'm thinking I might need an early ice cream birthday cake too:)

The bad thing is that it is kind of (well just flat out) expensive. We spent almost $13 on Kohen a kid's cup, me a medium cup, and Kerry a large. No they weren't like huge portions nor did we get anything special. So luckily we all love Braum's and Maggie Moo's will just have to be a treat every once in awhile.

Kohen looooved his blue ice cream. He had a very difficult time choosing between blue (cotton candy), yellow (marshmellow) and pink (strawberry). He was obviously drawn to the bright colors. In the end as you can see he got lovely (completely nasty) cotton candy with sprinkles.

And the next day on Friday, he talked my mom into going back with him to get that
"bue ice team wid pintals."



UPDATE: And for those of you wondering how my sonogram went. I really don't have much to tell and that's why I hadn't posted. We went Thursday and basically she is measuring small. I was hoping that I was just measuring small and that she was still right on target, but that's not the case. She was around 5lbs 3ozs, her heartrate was 148 bpm, and most of her measurements if we averaged them out were 34 weeks instead of 36 weeks. Our worry, of course, is that at our 28 week sonogram she was actually measuring 5 days ahead of her March 4th due date and everything on Thursday kept saying March 17th and sometimes later than that.
So I called on Friday at lunch (giving the doctor and nurses enough time to call me). But they didn't and unfortunately when I called both his nurses had left for day and it made me very angry. This was important to me, but everyone keeps saying "No news is probably good news."
So I will be calling 1st thing tomorrow morning to see what the nurses say and then I do have an appointment tomorrow afternoon and will get to ask questions and get his input on where we go from here or if we even do anything. She just might be a small baby?? And I hope that's the case. I am OK with that as long as her little heart and organs are all working fine and that her lungs are mature, etc. I just continue to pray that she bakes as long as she likes!!

1 comment:

The Mirza's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.