Monday, February 16, 2009

38 Week Update

I just got back from the doctor and I was 1.5 cm and I don't know what % effaced. He never said and I never asked. He felt around (or should I say squished Kresee and I to death) and decided she was around 6 1/2 lbs!! Two weeks ago he was saying 5-5 1/2 lbs. So that was great:)
The sonogram looked good. He feels from that she is doing well and definately is in the 6 lb. range now. So all she has to do is bake a little longer and come out when she feels like it:)
He did ask if I wanted to go ahead and schedule an induction for next week because he likes to schedule them one week in advance. I said "Nope, I will just see you next Monday!"
Maybe next week or in 2 weeks on my March 2nd appt, I might think about being induced if I just don't think she will come on her own. And then I can guarantee that I actually get my own doctor and not one of the other 3 that are on call.
The good thing about that is that he is not on call this weekend (which I think I'm fine) and he is next weekend, the weekend before her due date. So if we make it through this weekend, I will feel better about going into labor I'm on my own. I'm still shooting for another few weeks though!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She may be here on Wed:) Just kidding...I want you guys to get to come to the party on Sat!!!