Monday, February 2, 2009

36 Update (Sort of)

Well I had my 36 week appointment today.
I got there and the receptionist was like "Hold on a second"
She calls to the nurses station "Is Dr. Lamar back yet?"
"Well he's gone...you either wait or see the Nurse Practioner"
"How long has he been gone?" I asked
Another receptionist chimes in "Like only 10 minutes"
"OK well then I will see the Nurse Practitioner"

So I go back immediately. His nurse is weighing me and I asked how long has been gone. She said for awhile now. I said well then why did they tell me 10 minutes. She laughed and said she wasn't quite sure on the time, but definately knew it was more than 10 minutes! So then I'm annoyed. But what do you do.

So she comes in and measures me. "Great---you are 33 cm"...I said well that's not great considering I'm 36 weeks and he said if I got to be more than 2 cm behind....So she measured me again---still 33 cm...Again, what do you do b/c he isn't around....Kresee's heartbeat sounded good...In the 130's was all she said...Then I had to do the Group B Strep Test and she did go ahead and check me which was pretty pointless considering she didn't give me any numbers to go off of...Said Kresee was definately head down and that I was soft and thinning but my cervix still felt closed to her....So I guess I will wait until next week to post on my exact progress....

I get dressed and Kerry opens the door and Dr. Lamar is like "Hey, did she get you taken care of?" So now I'm more annoyed! He comes in and I'm like well great, I'm so glad you are already back. I would have waited the 15 minutes if I would have known he was coming that soon. So Kerry and him talked about the new hospital and yadda yadda...I finally commented that I needed to ask him something....I mentioned the 3 cm thing and he said OK...So he went and got my chart--came back and measured me--33 cm....So I sat up and he said "Sorry lay back down again"....Still 33 cm (only 4 measurements!!) and he felt and pushed on her...Said he thinks she is a good 5 lbs...Maybe 5 1/2 lbs....He doesn't feel anything is wrong but that she just might be a small baby and she is still completely healthy, BUT he feels like he should order another sonogram because 3 cm is his cut-off...So basically I go back this Thursday for another sonogram to make sure she is still growing and that everything else looks good...It will definately give us a good picture on her size and how much she weighs so that will be a good thing.....

Other than that, not much else happened....We did talk about when she does arrive..I said I wanted to hold out as long as possible and I know he lets you go up to 42 weeks...I don't think I will be pregnant until 42 weeks....He said he's good until March 11th and then he will be going out of town for several days!!...We will see though...

I will update on Thursday after my sonogram

2 comments:

Tina & Scott said...

whew, bless your heart Kendra! what a roller coaster! I know you will be so ready to meet and hold your little girl! -Tina

Amy said...

praying for you!! i am frustrated for you!