Monday, August 22, 2011

We Will Miss You

I snapped this picture the other day....Sage was behind me sleeping soundly on the futon while I worked on the computer...She really followed you wherever you went....I'm so glad I took a picture:)

Sage said goodbye suddenly to Kerry and I on Sunday afternoon...She was 13 years old...Would have been 14 in October...We left town on Saturday afternoon around 1:30 and she was perfectly fine...She has suffered from Cushing's Disease for awhile now, but I guess it was just her time to go to heaven....Justin came to let her out Sunday morning and he texted me saying Sage did not eat her food and didn't look well...I said Oh it's no big deal...She only likes to eat for Kerry...I blew off the not looking good because she was pinned up in her crate all night...I just envisioned her being stiff and not walking very well from that.... We got up and ran to eat lunch before heading back home from Ft. Worth...Mom called and said she was panting and was a little wobbly walking around...She again said she didn't look very well and wanted to be with her until we got home...She left our house to eat lunch with the kids and came back after lunch...By that time Sage was really panting and was no longer wanting to walk anywhere...She wouldn't get up....Before long, she even pooped on the floor and just laid there....Mom called again very concerned...It was 2:00 and I said we would be home at 3:00
My sister felt we didn't need to wait another hour...She came and picked Sage up and rushed her out to see Dr. Tammen...By the time she got there she was seizing very badly and had lost all controls of her bowels and I think was pretty much out of it....She called and said that Dr. Tammen can try to keep her alive until we got there...We cut through by the Jolly truckstop because Dr. Tammen is in Dean....Dr. Tammen checked her pulse as we were walking in and she was still alive, but the minute we got in the room and placed our hands on her she passed away...I really feel she was holding on until she knew Kerry was there....Dr. Tammen had given her some valium to relax her body and keep her from seizing, so I know she went peacefully....She said that Sage had a stroke and there was nothing we could have really done....


I know our hearts are so very broken....Yes, we wish we could have been home....But my sister said that Sage wouldn't want us to have remembered her like that...Our last memory of her was on Saturday when she was running around like normal....I feel so badly for Kerry...This was his dog....I know he loved Biskit more than anything, but Biskit was mine and I'm still not over losing her from 2 years ago...So I know how badly his heart is hurting right now...

I will never forget going to a pet store in December of 1997 and seeing that sweet little boston terrier puppy...We left and Kerry just had to have her...We went back and she has been a part of our life ever since...I know she had a wonderful life...She was spoiled rotten like all dogs should be...

But I miss her like crazy already...I'm sad when I leave the house knowing she's not there...It breaks my heart coming home and not seeing her face....Our bed is empty on Kerry's side where she laid by him for almost 14 years....

I honestly prayed for our other dogs to go suddenly and not experience the pain that Biskit did...We knew for 6 weeks she could be gone anyday...But I was wrong...This is not any easier...I guess it never really is....


Sage you were loved...so much....Sweet Kresee thought the world of you....We will miss you...

October 26, 1997-August 21, 2011

No comments: