Monday, August 22, 2011

1st Days

Yes, the day has arrived....The day I have not really been looking forward to at all....I can't believe my baby Kohen is officially in Kindergarten...This kid has been waiting patiently all summer...He would ask weekly, sometimes daily when he got to go to Ben Franklin with me...It just doesn't seem like he should be this big:(...But I know he's ready, prepared and will do great...Notice his super cute backpack that he is using this year....He used it the year before last when he started preschool as a 3 year old...BUT since he didn't use it last year, I pulled it out like it was brand new--haha!! I mean LOOK how stinking cute this 3 year old boy was all ready to go to his first day of preschool at School for Little People...I ordered the size small backpack from pottery barn...I had no idea how BIG the small was!!!.... It's the same size as his entire body....
But it fits him great now:)....He's so handsome!! If you can believe it, we were up and ready and on time...So I took them both outside to snap some pictures....See I ordered the preschool backpack from pottery barn this time for Kresee since I learned my lesson:)



Another big day for my baby girl....I can't believe she is starting Preschool!!!!...She was sooooo excited and ready to go to big girl school too...I tried to prepare her as best as I could all summer long...I would take her with me to pick up Kohen...Talk to her about it...Show her where her classroom would be and such....She was ready!!!





Getting out of the car at SLP...She already has decided maybe she's not quite ready for this school thing....








Daddy helping her up the stairs...She's pretty nervous....


But we managed to get her in the room and then it went downhill...Poor thing cried and cried...I felt terrible leaving her....BUT I do know she would be fine and settle down once we left...So we just had to say goodbye and let her cry:(

So onto Franklin we went with this KG boy.....We went to my room to put all my stuff down...I didn't think to snap a picture of me and Kerry with Kresee....And since we didn't even see her teacher (it was the aide), I didn't even get a picture with Mrs. Moran...I will have to make that happen....

But here are some lovely pictures of Kerry and I....Yes, we look horrible and tired!!!...Sadly, we were up pretty much most of Sunday night crying about Sage...It was very hard to get up and going Monday morning but we knew this was such a big day in both our children's lives that we had to just keep moving on....



We then headed down the hall where Kohen was greeted by numerous teachers because they all know him:)......He put all his stuff away and headed to his table...Daddy giving him a pep talk...I'm sure it consisted of have a great day and behave!!


I then had Mrs. Evans take a picture with my sweet boy....He just loves her and is going to have a wonderful KG experience....

The best part is his sweet friend Bella that he's known from SLP the past 2 years is in his class!!!...They are both equally excited about that.....

In the end, this day was definitely very hard....Very emotionally draining....Our 1st day to not have Sage with us, Kresee's 1st day of preschool and Kohen's 1st day of KG....But we made it:)

No comments: