Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thankful

Since it's November, Kohen's class is starting to talk about what it means to be thankful....And how to give to others....They are bringing peanut butter and jelly the next few weeks to school...And then they will be taking a field trip to Interfaith Missions to drop it off....I tried my hardest yesterday to explain it all to him..."But why do some peoples not have money....But why do some peoples not have food....Why don't everyone have a job"....It went on and on...Thankfully, he stopped asking!!....

But in class yesterday they were asked what they were thankful for....All their names were written on a big piece of paper and it hung out in the hallway.....I was reading the list and was excited to see what Kohen was thankful for....I bet it's football or OU or Coyotes or maybe he was sweet and said his Mommy or Daddy....But nope:

Seesaws and Bears

Really, seesaws (has he ever even been on one) and bears???.....I had to laugh and couldn't wait to tell Kerry.....

1 comment:

The Mirza's said...

When we say our prayers at night I always ask Jackson to say something he is thankful for and he often says, "carrots and broccoli" I love this stage.