Sunday, March 24, 2013

3rd Rock N Roll 1/2 Marathon

Today I ran the Rock N Roll Dallas 1/2 marathon for the 3rd year in a row....It was my first one of the year...One I really didn't train much for but figured I would give it a go and my goal be to just finish...I've never walked before but I had a plan in my head before the race and I made sure that I stuck with it so I wouldn't die....Run 4, walk some, run to mile 7.5, walk some, run to mile 11, walk break and then finish the last 1.5 or so till the finish line...It worked well for me this time...I could definitely tell my legs weren't in half marathon shape...I'm not sure they have ever felt so tired...Luckily, mentally I was fine....I did get a terrible calf cramp starting at mile 2 and lasted the entire race...Never ever had a calf cramp before but I managed and I'm sure it will be craaaaazy sore tomorrow...2:28 was my time which I'm pretty proud of with my 3 walking breaks!
 So all this beautiful weather and was going to be super cold and crazy windy...As you can tell we were freezing before the run....Thank goodness there was a hotel near the start and so many runners crammed into the lobby to stay warm...Without that, I would have been miserable!!...We didn't even get to show off our cute shirts we make every year because we needed some layers on!....
 But I'm glad to say this was my 6th half marathon since I started running about 3 1/2 years ago...I hope to run maybe one or two more this year...

No comments: