Friday, May 18, 2012

Western Day

Today was Western Day for the KG students....They had field day yesterday and this fun even today....So glad I got to participate and help out all morning...We borrowed a shirt and boots from Jude...And we searched upstairs for his $5 cowboy hat I bought him a Wal-Mart years ago...It was covered in dog hair, but he didn't care....It was pretty windy outside which I was thankful for because it was very warm...The wind kept us semi-cool....
They had several different stations...I was running one of them so I didn't get to take pictures of everything, but I got most of them...Here they are racing and spelling out the word Bluebonnet...They were in groups of 4 or 5 and then would rotate when Mrs. Evans rang the bell....
Carrying eggs blindfolded and the kids had to tell them which direction to go...There were cracked eggs all over the place!
 They got their face painted...Kohen got a cactus on his cheek....
 They had music time where they sang BINGO and did the hokey pokey
 Then they got to play with the parachute....They loved this

 Kohen and Sam
 Kohen and Bella
They got to rope a "bull"
Kohen did really well and got it around the head:)
Kohen and his group--Chloe, Loren, Kohen and Olivia
My station was them transferring a pretzel onto each other's straw...They really just wanted to sit and eat pretzels:)
Riding horses...I was wondering if he would actually do this station since he is still fearful of animals...But it was the very last one for him to go to...He was ready to get on and actually rode both horses...Very proud of him

                                   



I had to have Kerry snap a picture of me and my little guy after their picnic outside...I was super glad to be back in the air-conditioned classroom!!...It was a really fun morning!!

No comments: