Sunday, April 22, 2012

YMCA Beach Party 5K/10K

Saturday morning was the YMCA Beach Party run....It was my 3rd 10K to run....It was Kerry's 1st run/5K in almost a year...His last race was Lyndon Laseman 10K last May...He tore his patella tendon at the end of September and has really not been able to run much since then...So I was very excited to finally sign him up for a run....

Jennifer is my running buddy...So glad I finally found someone that runs the same pace as me...I love that we can slow down, speed up, whatever and we just stick together and don't mind...I love the company and the feeling that I'm not the slow one of the group!!!...

Here are some after pictures...We finished in 1:02:11 at a 10:02/mile pace...
The group of us...Randi got 1st in our age group...Shea got 2nd in her age group...These are the fast friends I can't keep up with--haha...But we sure look good in our bright colors!!
It was a gorgeous morning...Perfect running weather...Even a tad warm...So my mom brought the kids out to watch us...They were there for the start and finish...Kohen ran acrosss with Kerry when he finished...Then he jumped out and we sprinted together (a 7:34/mile pace!!!) to the end...I LOVE that he gets such a kick out of doing that...I can't wait to sign him up for a mile run sometime...He will love it...

Kerry finished the 5K in 25:10...He got 1st place in his age group and I think was the 6th male overall....Pretty great for his 1st run back in so many months...He said he was very out of shape, but I think he did great...His knee held up pretty well, but the shin splints got to him..
Us girls are signed up for the Dam Run 15K which is less than 2 weeks away...So I need to get in one good long run next weekend, so I'm ready for that...I asked Kerry if he wanted to do the 5K but I think he's going to sit this one out...We do have the Lyndon Laseman 5K/10K on May 19th that we would like to do as well...

No comments: