Sunday, October 23, 2011

Still running:)

I haven't really blogged much about my running since the half-marathon back in March...I've only done one other race that I signed up for and that was in May....

Kerry and I did sign up for Race for the Cure on October 8th, but it didn't happen...I got very sick the weekend before the race...Was still sick that Wednesday before and went to the doctor...Got a steroid shot and some antibiotics...But come Friday evening, I knew I still did not feel well nor have the energy to go and run...I was disappointed b/c that would have been the 1 year mark of my very 1st organized 5K run...I can say doing that a year ago made me really get into signing up for various things....I didn't get to run for 10 days straight and am glad to be better and back in the swing of things!

So next up is the Harvest Hustle and City of Lights in November and I hope I get to run one or both of those:)

Kerry and I have contined to run just to run...I did mainly a lot of Zumba and boot camp classes over the summer and ran here and there....But September we thought we might start adding in some longer runs on the weekend to train for White Rock Half-Marathon on December 4th...But he hurt his knee about a month ago and has not been able to run at all...He can walk fine, do the elliptical at the gym...But 1 mile into his run, he has severe painin his knee...He tried again today with no luck...So I don't know what's in store for him....He probably needs to go to the doctor but you know how that goes....

I'm just still running like I'm going to do White Rock...I haven't signed up...But still plan on putting in the miles in case it works out....I've not run more than 6.2 miles since the half-marathon and have just kept my long runs on the weekend at 6 miles up until last weekend....So last Sunday my friend Ashley Thomas and I headed to the Sikes Lake to run that 1.1 mile loop...Our goal was 7 miles---something she has never done before!!...She did great and made it...And I was happy to hit 7 miles as well:)

Today I went again --without her though:(--My goal was 8 miles and doing that by yourself can get boring...I started at 8:15 and the weather was right at 60 degrees and it was even kind of misty most of the time...There was a breeze but not too bad and it was one that felt good when you were going head on into it....But it was a perfect morning to run and I just enjoyed my music and the surroundings....And I did way better than I thought I was going to do...My goal was to keep it right at 10:30 mins/mile, but I ended up at 10:16 mins/mile!


No comments: