Monday, January 17, 2011

Red River Ski Trip

Last year was our first time to take Kohen skiing...He was 3 1/2 years old and did such a great job...I have to admit that he is a pretty coordinated little guy...So Kerry and I thought we would take him again since he had so much fun...We were on our own with him (last year we were with my dad and some family), but I'm so glad we went...
We stayed at the Best Western Rivers Edge...This is the lift to get on the slopes right outside our room...It couldn't have been any closer or easier to walk to and from the room during the day....
We ate lunch on Saturday at Shotgun Willie's...Everything is within walking distance and we wanted something quick and easy for lunch....And as soon as you walked in, you were greeted by this sign...I made Kerry take a picture with my phone:)
We had to send a few texts of us to Kresee back in Wichita Falls...She stayed with Grammie and did great....
Kohen on the ski lift....I didn't take many phone pics skiing...I took lots of video though....
It was so sunny and pretty that I couldn't see what I was taking a picture of so I cut off Kohen's face.....
This was on the first day....We drove down Thursday (all day long---9 hrs) and got there that afternoon....Unpacked and ate dinner and rented our ski stuff.....Got up the next morning and this was Kohen on the bunny slope about to practice a few times before we went to the bigger practice slope....
I need to scan the pictures that the camera lady took of us at the top of the mountain...Again, I didn't bring my camera...Friday afternoon after a full day of skiing we bought Kohen a tubing ticket...So I went and got my camera before the lifts closed so I could get a few pics of the boys....Here they are waiting in line to get on the lift....And Kohen did great all morning long, but at lunch we decided to make a purchase...Best $45 I've ever spent....This really allowed Kohen to learn how to make turns and go side to side down the mountains...But Kerry had control should he gain too much speed...It was great...I know we will use it again next year and also with Kresee someday....
Getting off the lift....Last year we dropped him once--not something I like to remember...Of course, we've not really talked about it in a year...The first day the very first time we got on the main lift Kohen, of course, who never forgets a thing "Remember when I fell off this"...Good thing he wasn't traumatized by it!!

Friday at 4:00 when the lifts close we let him do the 4:15 tubing session...One of his favorite things to do---I admit, it is pretty darn fun.....
Last year you had to walk your tube back up...But this year they put in a thing for you to stand on and it carried you back up the bunny slope...That was great....

Kohen, even at 4 1/2 years old, you always continue to amaze me...How determined you are, how much confidence you have, how you really don't fear anything...So proud of how well you did...How much progress you made from last year to this year....Heck, I think next year we might be able to let you loose a little more....Daddy and I had such a great time with you...9 hours in the car is easy breezy for you (thank goodness)...So glad we went and I hope we continue a ski trip every year with you!

No comments: