Monday, January 17, 2011

Half Marathon

So I haven't posted about our latest goal for 2011....Running a half-marathon....Kerry and I are signed up for the Rock N Roll Half Marathon in Dallas on March 27th....We have 2 1/2 more months to get ready for it...Hopefully we can train injury free:)...I was in dire need of some new shoes as was he...So we went to Academy about a week ago and both got some new Asics...We wished we had the time to run to a Luke's Locker or some place like that to really get a good idea of what type of shoe we should be running in...I'm really going to try and only use mine for running and keep using my Nike Lunarfly just for Zumba and other exercising....

I even talked my sweet friend Angela into running it with me...I think her husband is now on board as well...So we plan on making the trip together and I know we won't be running with the boys but I'm glad to have a partner to run beside me for 13.1 miles!!!

Another friend of mine, who I know through work, has posted a challenge on Facebook to do some form of walking/running 1100 km in 2011...Which is 683 miles:)...I thought I could attempt this but would need to do around 57 miles each month....I think I'm around 30 miles so far for the month of January (minus all my miles of skiing this past weekend--since I can count that too!)

So I plan on keeping you posted on my running and getting ready for the half marathon....

1 comment:

Christy J said...

I'm so glad you're doing this half! We'll have to try and find each other while we're there! And I hope you'll join the challenge! I'm counting my warmups and cooldowns as well to get the mileage in :)