Saturday, January 1, 2011

Mr. Skater

I hate to admit it, but I figured my sister was just being nice when she said that Kohen was pretty darn good for his first time skating...I envisioned him glued to the wall, hanging on for dear life or holding onto us the entire time....But she was right...He did great and never even needed our help...Just went on his own the whole time....
Cool Kerry...We laughed because we haven't skated (much less on quads) in years and years...We put them on and thought "Oh my goodness, this isn't going to be good"...You felt a little funny and I just knew one of us were going to bust it...But after a few rounds, I guess it's like riding a bicycle...It didn't take long for it to come back to us....

Kohen was excited about Limbo....I had to laugh because for the first several rounds, he didn't even have to bend down...He just skated on through....
If he got going, he did well bending down and not falling...I was impressed!
He didn't have enough momentum and fell under the stick, so he was out:)...He made it to the last 5 kids though...
The main thing he cared about was getting to race....He told us about it the entire 2 hrs we were there...It's for 9 & under...So it was probably a 9 yr old boy and an 8 yr old boy...Then little 4 yr old Kohen out there...Hey, he got 3rd place!!
We had a great time...Kerry and I can't wait to take him back....I even won the cone contest thing...Where they keep moving the cones farther apart...It was down to Kerry and I...And, of course, I beat him (haha)....

No comments: