Monday, April 26, 2010

Disaster/Safety Event

I honestly have no idea what it was called or really what we went to...All I know is that I saw something about it on Facebook and it was seriously like 2 streets up from us...So Saturday while Kerry was doing lovely yardwork...Kohen rode his trike while Kresee rode in her stroller and I somehow went back and forth pushing the two...But we made it--again, didn't really know what we were heading to....But we saw the firetruck and ambulance and the smoke house...I thought there was supposed to be a helicopter...Glad I didn't mention that to Kohen beforehand or he would have been disappointed....There might have been one there but since we went the last hour, we might have missed it....

But once I saw who was sitting in the firetruck, I knew Kohen would have a blast....It was Derek Jones---a guy I have known for many, many years.....He didn't even know what they were there for!!...Haha...But he let Kohen get in the firetruck....Showed him all the equipment...Opened up all the compartments to see what all the firetruck held....Kohen was in heaven....


His favorite part was the smokehouse....I had to laugh because I really didn't think he was listening to Derek talk about if there is fire/smoke, you get low and crawl...Or you break out the window, cover it up with something and crawl out...He told Kerry all about it....He ended up doing the smoke house numerous times....Kresee and I went in just once:)

No comments: