Friday, April 16, 2010

30th....

In honor of my wonderful husband's 30th birthday today, I wanted to give 30 reasons why I love him so much (and yes, there are more than this--but I had to stop at 30!!).....
  1. I have had the privilege of watching him grow from a young boy to a grown man and I love him more each day.
  2. He loves his job and he's good at it and he knows it:).
  3. So that makes him a confident guy and I wish I had some of his confidence.
  4. He is a great provider to me and the kids.
  5. He is dependable and reliable (if you aren't on a time crunch)
  6. Speaking of that, eventhough he has absolutely no concept of time I still love him.
  7. He is a home-body like me. He is perfectly content never going anywhere or doing anything. As long as he has me and the kids, he is a happy man.
  8. He will eat anything I set in front of him---even if it's just a bowl of cereal for dinner.
  9. He is very complimentary of me. Even after all these years, he still says sweet things to me all the time.
  10. He hugs me every morning.
  11. He pats me every night.
  12. He notices everything (which isn't always great) but he is very observant---I can't even get away with a new pair of earrings without him making a comment.
  13. I can give him $20 and it will last him an entire month.
  14. He is a huge animal lover and has such a good heart for them.
  15. He has lots of patience--especially with the kids----I don't, I admire him for this.
  16. He is a great daddy. Those kiddos think the world of him.
  17. He is the doctor in our family. If the kids are sick, he's up for the job. He takes care of them.
  18. He still relies on me to be his spell-checker and he has me proof-read all the time.
  19. He never complains---I mean never! (me, I complain all the time)
  20. So that means because I complain all the time, he is the best listener.
  21. He could be with me every second of every day and honestly not get tired of me (I don't understand that, but it's true!)
  22. He still thinks he still has blonde hair and I love that he thinks that.
  23. He hates talking on the phone, but I love when he calls because I know he really doesn't like to and he's made an effort.
  24. He thinks he is super cool for dating/being married to an "older" woman (even if it's just 4 weeks btwn the two of us).
  25. He loves getting his picture made and doesn't mind when we do family ones (HAHA--yea right...He hates it). But I love that he will still go and complain the whole time, but he does it for me.
  26. He is my best friend.
  27. He is my soul mate.
  28. He is the best handy man in the whole world. This guy can do anything. He surprises me all the time and gets annoyed that I have no confidence in his ability but then I always end up eating my words.
  29. My world would not be the same without him in it. He has given me the 2 most beautiful children and I can't thank him enough for that.
  30. And I really, really love that he is willing to spend his 30th birthday at Chuck-E-Cheese tonight with a bunch of wild kids for his son's 4th birthday party!!

I LOVE YOU KERRY JOHN MARONEY JR!!

5 comments:

KerryJ said...

My wife is such a wonderful person… Below are my responses to each of her comments.

1. I have only became the person I am today because of her.

2. I do love my job

3. She never gives herself enough credit.

4. I try to do the best that I can.

5. She is a time freak.

6. Refer to above statement.

7. My wife and kids are my world. I don’t want to be anywhere else.

8. She takes the time to prepare the meal, so the least I can do is eat it. Plus she is becoming quite the cook.

9. It’s not hard to tell your wife what a hot babe she is when it is true.

10. I like to start the morning off right.

11. That’s for me more than it is for her;)

12. Someone has to watch her… She is a shopaholic.

13. This occurs because I make her buy everything… This also allows me to give her a hard time about buying everything.

14. I do love animals, bugs, retiles, just about anything that is living.

15. It only appears that I have more patience because they only wine to mommy.

16. I try my best, but to both of our kids mommy is #1.

17. I drink an absurd amount of coffee during the day and can handle having less sleep.

18. Everybody knows that I am not the best speller.

19. That is not a true statement. I complain indirectly.

20. I must not do a very good job, b/c I always fail to remember important things that we have talked about.

21. I live being with my wife. I always have, and I always will.

22. I do have blondish hair.

23. It’s true… I’m not a big fan… But most guys don’t like talking on the phone.

24. Just yesterday I was in my twenties and dating a woman in her thirties. That does make me cool.

25. I don’t like pictures. But that is another thing that most guys don’t like.

26. She is my best friend.

27. She is my soul mate.

28. She failed to mention how long it takes for the projects to be completed.

29. Ditto

30. I could not imagine spending it any other way.

Thank you Kendra for the kind words… I love you too.

The Spaulding's said...

This was so incredibly sweet! Esp since I got to read his comments afterwards!

The Rakovans said...

I thought I was cried out after watching "The Last Song" today, but y'all made me cry again! :)

ladymann said...

Kendra that is so cute and is it weird that other than the time crunch thing and #1 on your list that my own list would match yours almost exactly. (ESPECIALLY the spell check one:)

Shane, Steph, Adeline, Adam said...

ok i haven't been on these blogs in forever, so I am just now reading this and I love it!!! You will have this list of 30 forever and how special!! You two are an inspiration to us all!!!