Monday, March 29, 2010

Patch Adams

I left last Wednesday after work to head to Ft. Worth with 9 other Speech Therapists in our district for the annual Texas Speech-Language Pathology conference....We didn't get back until Saturday, so it was a long time without seeing my sweet babies....I missed them and Kerry like crazy!...But we had a good time---didn't learn as much new information as I would have liked, but I enjoyed spending time with my other speech people because we rarely get to see each at work since we are all at different schools....We have monthly meetings and that is it....

Anyways, Patch Adams was the major speaker that kicked off the conference....I was really excited to see him and listen to him...He spoke for about an hour and a half and I have a feeling he could have easily talked all day...But he had arrived from Haiti late Wed night, spoke to us first thing Thursday morning, and then had an 11:30 flight out of DFW to catch--don't know where he was headed next....He was great and I loved hearing about him....

We got clown noses and so the kids had fun wearing it for the 3 minutes it lasted until Kresee tore it in half...Then she carried those 2 pieces around the rest of the evening and even sat with them at dinner wearing one on her head for awhile....Kohen was confused on why it was sticking to her head and I said I'm sure it has boogers or food on it to make it stick (haha)

No comments: