Friday, March 5, 2010

Part 1--Birthday Party

It's a long one:)

Well today is Kresee Leigh's 1st Birthday....Kohen, Kerry and I were all awake this morning getting ready so that when she woke up we would go in and sing Happy Bday to her...We did this with Kohen and I love looking back at that short, little video....BUT Kohen decided to have a meltdown (he did NOT want us videoing) and so it was just Kerry and I singing to her...She has such a sweet spirit and wakes up in the best moods....
But this is her morning ritual....I nurse her, then I change her diaper and her clothes (if I decide to not leave her in her PJ's), then she heads toward our bathroom to sit her in Daddy's lap to be blow-dried....Kohen LOVES to be blow-dried and so Kerry has now trained Kresee as well to love it....We did not do any gifts this morning...We decided to save it all for this evening since we were having her party tonight......
Here are some pictures of the birthday girl before her party....Daddy was still at work...I had my mom pick up Kohen from school so I could get everything together and ready and just spend a short amount of time with my baby girl...This is one of her little outfits that she may possibly wear tomorrow...She is having her 1st bday pictures taken in the morning....I hope she lets me put a few bows in her hair, but I am afraid she will probably just yank them out as soon as I get them in....


This is her I don't mind standing, but I refuse to take a step so I will just squat back down and crawl:)
She loves my camera lense cover....If she sees my camera out, she wants the cover so that way she can put it back on.....
Then we headed over to Maw and Papa's to set up over there...We wanted to have the party there b/c that's where Kohen's 1st bday was and they have enough seating to accomodate the entire family.....
Some pictures before the party started....






Here is her birthday cake....Kerry's mom's kitchen has the worst lighting...So it makes everything in there look orangy-yellow....So even when I tried to adjust my settings, I couldn't get it right....

The boys blowing out her birthday candle.....

And I had some cake balls made!!!!....They are SUPER SUPER!!...So if you like cake balls, I can give you the name of this girl...She has tons of flavors and they are only $8/dozen....So I got 3 dozen:0 and I can safely say I did NOT have one cakeball before the party started...Very hard to do but I managed.....

We made Italian food....I made chicken spaghetti, Maw made rigatoni, and my sister made pasta shells...My mom brought Olive Garden salad and garlic bread...Yummy!!

Kresee Leigh and her bday cake.....

Tasting her cake....

Opening presents....Sadly, I let Kohen buy Kresee a gift...Her first little doll house and that was it....She didn't need anything from us....I am planning on re-gifting Kohen's little blue car that he loved so much....I know she will like it as well:).....

Overall, it was a great party...What a gorgeous day today:)...Couldn't have been more perfect....Here are just some pictures from the party....

Kerry and I make fun of everyone who takes our pictures....My sister did this one and I love how centered we are (haha)!!....I don't think anyone really knows how to use my camera though...

Grandpa.....My dad got her this pink chair and man did she love this thing....She wouldn't stop sitting in it...She knew immediately how to rock it....Too precious...


Grammie.....

Kresee with her buddy, Jack, and his mommy

My Nana and Papa....

Kerry's Meme and Papa....

I will have Part 2 (pictures throughout her 1st year) and Part 3 (her doctor's appointment checkup on Monday) coming....And then of course will post when her pictures are up on the photographer's website..

2 comments:

Katy said...

Too cute!! Kendra....I can teach you how to make cake balls:)

Casey/Amie Stone said...

Your family is so cute!
Loved looking at all the pics.
Where did you order the cake balls from!?!