Tuesday, January 20, 2009

34 Week Update and then some:)

We've stayed busy this past week and so I haven't had a chance to post any pictures of my sweet boy. So I have a lot to catch you up!!
I took a photography class this past Saturday to try and learn some basics about my camera vs. just always taking pictures on automatic. Yes, my camera is great and does a great job on automatic. I just thought I would try and learn something new. So DeEdra with Photo[e]Motion held a class and I went. So that gave Kerry and Kohen some time by themself while I was gone. They had drug the tent out and put in our room (behind) this first picture. Yes, it's still in our room now 4 days later. But I was breaking down boxes (still from Christmas) and Kohen wanted his train table one for a boat. He played in this darn box for a long time. And I took some pictures of Kerry sliding him all over the place in it. He thought it was the best.



The other night, Kohen got out his usual little figurines and let his imagination run wild. That night was the cowboys and indians and soldiers. I was playing with my camera settings hence the yellowness of the picture (still learning)!!
He was lining them all up and then "Bam-bamming" them as he knocked them all over.

I just love watching his sweet little hands and fingers and seeing the concentration that goes into it.
Anyways, I am 34 weeks today. I am so excited because it's another great milestone in my pregnancy. Even Dr. Lamar said "34 weeks, Good because that saves me a lot of paperwork" If you have a baby before 34 weeks, the baby gets sent to Dallas to be cared for. After 34 weeks, you are usually good to go. Now, I just need to make it to the 36-37 week mark and then I will really feel OK if she does decide to come early.

But thankfully, it was my last uneventful appointment. Did the usual thing and I must say it was the all time quickest appointment ever. And if you have Dr. Lamar, you know you can wait awhile for him. We got there and Kerry said "Was there a fire drill". The waiting room was completely empty. I checked in, got my paperwork and slid it in the door. We hadn't been sitting for 15 seconds before we were called back. I peed, got weighed, and he was waiting in our room for the nurse to finish up taking my blood pressure. I was like, man this needs to happen everytime!!

I continue to measure small. I am 34 weeks measuring 32 cm. So he said he isn't too worried about it since I have been consistently 2 cm behind and its usually give or take 2 cm anyways. But he did say it was something that we need to watch in the coming weeks and closer to her due date we might need to do another sonogram to make sure she isn't too small or anything. I really think everything is fine since at 29 weeks I was measuring small and the week before I did have a sonogram and she was measuring 4-5 days bigger than her March 4th due date. S0 we will just wait and see. I do go back in 2 weeks on February 2nd and go weekly from there on out. So hopefully the next time I post about this baby, I will be able to say if I'm dilated or maybe nothing at all:) So you can laugh now at this picture because I'm not small by any means!!!

Here is my sweetie running around in his cowboy boots. That is his nightstand and TV stand behind the couch that we were cleaning up to add to his room. When we finally get that finished, I will post a picture.
Kohen is now officially obsessed with Star Wars (Kerry's Fault!). So on top of playing football and basketball on a daily basis, we also now have to add in some light saber time.
Since it was such a pretty day today, we sat outside in the front and I let him line up and play with all his soldiers on the walkway. But mainly, he just ended up drinking all my Dr. Pepper.


1 comment:

The Mirza's said...

I did the same thing my entire pregnancy from about the 30 week point. I continued to measure small, although I didn't look it:) I kept telling them the extra cm were in my hips!! I measured small all the way until my due date, but they decided to induce me 4 days early bc I just stopped growing and said I had made it that long, just get her out!