Monday, December 10, 2012

SNOW Day

We went to bed last night with the news saying there is a very slight chance of precipitation or snow since it was going to get very cold finally:)...But we really didn't expect anything...I got a call at 6:15 am saying school was delayed until 10:30...Kerry and I were shocked when we looked outside and saw there was quite a bit of snow for us....Sadly, we weren't so excited b/c I had taken the day off and he was doing the same, so he and I could just hang out for no reason...We had never done that before...We were like well there goes 1/2 our day b/c Kresee's school wasn't opening till 11:00...So he went on to work for a bit and ran to the dentist...Kerry had a gum graft the week before last and a stitch had popped loose and he had to get it removed....
I let Kresee sleep in a little bit b/c Kohen never sleeps in...He was so excited seeing all that snow...He just kept saying "mommy it snowed"...I said I know, I know:)
When we heard Kresee start stirring he ran in there to tell her the great news...She's been asking and asking if it would ever snow...I said probably not...Kohen told her and showed her out the window...Over her monitor sitting in my room I just heard the biggest gasp "Oh, it snowed. Is it Christmas??"...I guess she thinks snow means Christmas....
We got them all dressed in their new ski stuff and let them loose with the dogs...The dogs had been out that morning already...Kerry and I had the best time watching Sugar play in the snow for the first time in her life...And Ellie was pretty excited to...They played and ran so fast all over the backyard...





Sugar would not stop eating it...She would stick her whole face in it and be covered...Too precious....



Then we decided to head out front in the fresh untouched snow...I kept warning them how slick the sidewalk and driveway was but they didn't listen and fell down a few times...But they thought it was pretty funny....

 Making them wave to me so I could get a picture with them and the house....


 They made the best snow angels....



Kerry then called and said school had been officially cancelled for the day...So we went back inside and I cancelled my absence for the day...I made the kids hot chocolate...He brought home whataburger...And we hung out morning long...My sister came and took the kids to lunch and the movies...So Kerry and I still got to hang out for a few hours by ourselves thanks to Aunt TT!!

No comments: