Thursday, July 26, 2012

3 years: Biskit

This day continues to be so very hard for me....I do OK some days and then I can be crying hysterically the next when I think of her...But today knowing it's been 3 years since I said bye to her just continues to break my heart...I'm doing better knowing that we gave her a great life...I know she wouldn't have lived as long as she did if we didn't take her in...So I'm thankful for the years we did have her...She was the best dog and my heart has had a hole in it every since she passed away...Kresee was just 5 months old and will never remember her...Looking at these pictures in her final days are hard, but I love seeing her... 
 

 
But today can be a happy day for me as well...We have decided to officially adopt Ellie...Since Biskit, I've not had that dog that loved being with me..Loved snuggling with me and just love me no matter what...Parker and Hunter are just different; they kind of do their own thing...I love them both very much, but they aren't Biskit....Having Ellie around has really helped heal my heart in a good way...I didn't realize how much I missed all that until her....She is so good with the kids and I think she is liking being in our home...Someone wanted to adopt her and I just knew I couldn't give her up...I felt we rescued Biskit from a not great situation and Ellie sure fits that as well...Makes me so happy knowing that we really saved her sweet life...She was scheduled to be euthanized on July 15th, so we made her bday July 15th, 2009...She just turned 3:)
 Isn't she the sweetest thing ever...And Kresee will get to grow up with her and will remember her unlike Biskit....

No comments: