Monday, February 20, 2012

One year later.....

One year ago today was Kohen's dog incident....I wanted to take a few pictures of him just to see for myself how much healing has went on in the past year...I remember going to his 5 year check-up in April and how Dr. Yap assured me that it was healing nicely and that it would continue to improve....Kerry and I sure weren't impressed and didn't think they looked much better....But now it has been an entire year.....
I haven't looked at these pictures in a long time, but I can definitely tell a big difference....
You can't even tell hardly from pictures....But you can still see the 3 little scars on his face...I think this one on his cheek might go away eventually as an adult...The one on the sides of his face dimple in when he smiles...I think they will always be there since there isn't much skin and no muscle to really heal anymore....
He still asks often when he won't have anymore scars...But I'm glad he's gotten over it mostly...I think he isn't as self-conscious about them...But it does make me sad when someone comments on them or ask what happened to his face...He just gets embarrased and never answers anyone...I just made him sit here with me to show how much better he looks and how great they have healed...I think he believes me:)
I think the hardest for me is how terrified he is of dogs...I'm not sure he will ever be OK with dogs anymore which breaks my heart...We are such a dog family...But he wants nothing to do with them---big or little...I feel awful when we have to go to Leslie's clinic...He is glued to my leg and wants to hold my hand and his little palms are so sweaty....We can't stay long before he asks to leave.....What I find the weirdest is now he's pretty scared of most animals...But hopefully someday...we will see

No comments: