Friday, February 17, 2012

Hunter's 14th

Yesterday was a big day at our house...This guy turned 14 years old (Feb 16, 1998)....
Kerry got him for me our senior year of high school...Who would have thought that a dog from the back of a pick-up truck in the Target parking lot that was free would be one of our healthiest dogs...And this is a first for us---a dog making it to age 14!!!....I wouldn't have guessed it would be Hunter....I had Sage down for the longest....Biskit made it to her 12th and passed away a few weeks later...Sage was 2 months shy of her 14th birthday when she went to doggie heaven...I'm so happy to celebrate his 14 years with us so far....Of course, I pray there is a 15th but I know the odds of that aren't great....
He is the sweetest low key dog...He just hangs out a lot in his old age...Sleeping is his favorite thing to do....He is pretty hard of hearing...We had his teeth cleaned back in December and had blood work done...The vet said he was still very healthy according to all those tests...That made me feel good....He has a hard time getting up and down after laying down for long periods...I know his joints aren't the best...But nothing too bad quite yet..
Stretching this morning on his big day:)
Then he decided he would lay back down since I was trying to get him to sit for me:)
I uploaded a few phone pics that I had b/c I thought they were sweet...Hunter loves smelling people's breath...One of his favorite things to do...So he's doing that here and she just thinks he's giving her some kisses....
Hunter hanging out in his bed and Kresee wanted to lay next to him while watching something on the ipad....
Hunter has been through a lot with Kerry and I...Senior year of high school, college at MSU, engagement, getting married, moving to Oklahoma, college at OU, getting Parker, getting Biskit, moving back, Kohen, then Kresee...He's practically been around our whole relationship which makes my heart smile and sad at the same time...Love you sweet boy and I hope you are around for awhile longer:)

No comments: