Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Shaving Cream and Water Day

Today I had both kids all day to myself....I usually send them both to their usual places so I can run to the gym...Today we slept in and went to the $1 movies...We haven't went to one of those yet this summer...It was "How to Train A Dragon"....Kohen had already seen it but it was a first for Kresee and I...And they love to meet up with Jude and Ezra!!...So we had a lot of fun...
We went and picked Daddy up for a yummy lunch at Margies...And then headed back home for a day outside in the fun sun!! We got out the plastic pool and sidewalk chalk and slide so they could slide into the pool....
I went to a workshop last summer...The Ooey Gooey Lady and LOVED hearing all the fun suggestions she had for kiddos...But I went again yesterday and knew I still had most of this stuff and needed to pull it out for something different with the kids....
We started with Ooblick--cornstarch and water...Kohen liked it...Kresee really didn't care....





She just couldn't wait till I got out the paints for her...She knows all her colors and loves telling you them over and over again....Kohen joined in for a little bit...But she was hooked and could have painted all day:)











As soon as I pulled out the cans of shaving cream, he was over painting!!!..Mix some glue in there to make it a little more interesting.....

Kohen covered his entire body---he thought it was great...."It's like I'm covered in some good sunscreen Mommy!!!"


I was honestly surprised at how long it took Kresee to dig into the Shaving Cream/Glue mixture....She was way too busy painting and didn't really care for a good 15 minutes...But then she decided she would play!!


They covered each other too.....

Cheese!!!!
We made another pan with baby oil and flour mixed together...They both enjoyed playing in it and it makes your hands all soft;)


He "painted" the house and fence with water and a squeegie....

She would go and add more shaving cream to her body and then return to her painting...




She then decided to paint the baseball she found in the plastic pool....She wanted to paint everything....
They had a blast...I really should let them do this more often...And it wasn't hard to clean up since we did everything in the driveway...Good thing Kerry wasn't home to see the big mess:)

No comments: