Thursday, June 23, 2011

Climbing the Mountain

The week before last we headed out to my Nana and Papa's house to celebrate my Nana's birthday....My mom and aunt got her all new stuff for her front yard so we headed outside to water the ground and get everything set up...The kids had the best time "watering" their entire yard...Kresee even made sure the trees got some good watering as well...Kerry went to the canyon area with my cousin and her hubby to shoot his new gun (he is a policeman and got a new one)...I don't know if Kerry has ever shot a gun (he will probably correct me once he reads this, but I'm thinking it hasn't been many times if any)....But Kohen wanted to head down there and we wouldn't let him....
So he opted to climb on the huge gravel piles that are out there...He had the BEST time.....




Kresee saw Kohen and needed in on the action...She kept saying "I climb that mountain"...So that meant mommy help me get all the way to the top...Good thing I really don't care if my clothes and shoes get dirty because the gravel just covers you in that white dust.... So I carried/pushed her all the way to the top...She was so proud!!!
I have to admit it was pretty fun so we took a picture together at the top....


Some of my most favorite childhood memories are the hours my sisters, cousins and I spent at my grandparents doing this same thing....You could stay all day and never get bored climbing the gravel or sand piles...We had specific "play clothes" we had to wear because that sand would stain our panties, socks and clothes and would not wash out....So it was really fun being out there with my own kiddos while they soaked it all in as well...I really should let them go climb out there more often...Kohen is just at that perfect age to really enjoy it....

No comments: