Friday, December 4, 2009

Lights

We finally did it...We put lights in our yard for the first time ever.....We just never felt the need to before and Kohen was really wondering why everyone else has stuff in their yard except for us....So Kerry decided maybe we should do something this year to make him happy:)...We thought about just putting lights in our bushes but they are all different sizes and it wasn't going to look too great...So Kerry thought if we put the lights on the stakes and lined our flower bed it would look good.....
Kerry and I decided yesterday that we would run to the store to grab some stakes and the lights...No problem???....Well Lowe's had the stakes but only had multi-colored lights....So we went to the last place I ever want to go, Wal-Mart....Surely they would have clear light bulbs....Nope, tons of multi-colored but no clear....So we went to Home Depot...Same story...Then we ran to Target and they didn't have much of a selection....I was beyond frustrated at this point....So we ended up going back to work...Then I ran to Hobby Lobby after work and got some stinking clear light bulbs...They only had the LED ones (Kohen thinks they look purple), but hey they were not multi-colored......
Well what I didn't think about was how we now had 200 lights and 200 stakes that I had to attach to those lights....Basically I didn't know my thumb muscle in my right hand could cramp so badly and then my index finger and thumb on my left finger could be in so much pain...I did 125 lights last night and thought I was going to die....It hurt me just thinking about the 75 more that I had to finish today!!....But I did it and Kerry and Kohen braved the cold weather to put them in the flower beds.....
You can't really see the picture above, so I put it on the night setting since it was freezing and I didn't want to mess with my camera settings....I think it looks great.....

No comments: