Tuesday, December 15, 2009

It's been rough...

It's been a rough week...I'm ready for it to all pass....Last week Kresee had some eye infection so I stayed home with her on Wednesday and Kohen went to school...That night our babysitter, Mimi, threw up the entire night...So she was out of commission Thursday and Friday...Thankfully between my mom, my sister, Kerry and I we were able to cover those 2 days....Then we had some great friends over Friday night...We had a blast but starting about midnight Kerry started throwing up and never stopped....So the kids and I moved out and went to Kerry's parents house for the weekend....He basically had the flu (again) and was so dehydrated he spent almost 4 hours at clinic care Saturday afternoon getting a few bags of fluid through an IV...They said if he threw up anymore he needed to go the emergency room...Thankfully he didn't...Kresee woke up Saturday morning with a snotty nose and the coughing began for Kohen....She did OK that day, but Kohen coughed some Saturday night....He was worse Sunday but still acted fine--just coughing a lot...She was pretty snotty on Sunday but was still sleeping great....Kerry was feeling better on Sunday but we stayed away one more night....Kohen coughed ALLLLL night long on Sunday and so hard he threw up 4 times in a matter of 5 minutes...So thankfully I had Kerry's dad to help me shower him and wash sheets....Kerry went to work yesterday and I stayed home with Kohen to take him to the doctor to make sure he didn't have an ear infection b/c he complained of his ear hurting while coughing all night long....2 hours at the doctor's office was not fun, but he did not have an ear infection...He did great yesterday and we got some good (but very nasty) cough syrup...He napped for 2 hours and I got a much needed nap yesterday as well...Last night he complained of his tummy hurting.....We said it was probably sore from all the coughing...But he threw up again and then we tried giving him more cough syrup and as soon as he took it, he threw it up immediately...However, he slept all night with no more vomiting just coughing since he wouldn't take the cough syrup...I stayed in his room and Kohen slept with Daddy in our bed...I figured since Kerry was already sick he could handle Kohen...Kresee and I needed to stay healthy....She seems to be doing fine today...She is snotty in the morning and her nose is runny, but nothing too terrible...Kohen is doing great today...Dr. Yap thinks he has an aversion to the cough syrup so if we have to give it to him, we might need to mask it in something so he doesn't know...I think he would throw it up again if we gave it to him....So thankfully he didn't feel he had the vomit virus!!....But I just continue to pray that everyone gets healthy and stays healthy...Kresee has honestly been the healthiest little thing...This is only her 2nd little cold and then her eye infection that lasted just a few days and that's been it...Kerry and I dread the day she really gets sick....Sick babies are no fun at all....We start all our Christmases this weekend...Hope we can make it to everything!!!

No comments: