Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Sage and the Caterpillar

We went outside this evening to sit on our back porch....It was a pretty evening and we wanted to eat our Maggie Moo's out there.....And the story goes something like this:

Me: Kohen, watch out you almost stepped on that caterpillar

Kohen: Oh, I'm sorry Mommy I didn't see him

Me: It's fine, you didn't hurt him but just be careful not to smush him

(Kerry now comes outside with Kresee and sits down to start eating his ice cream)

Me: Hey Kohen, do you remember what caterpillars turn into?

Kohen: Butterflies

Me: Yep, you're right

Kohen: How do they turn into caterpillars Mommy?

(Sage walks over to the caterpillar and starts eating it...It's behind the cooler so Kohen can't see it happening)
Me: Well, sweetie they build a cocoon (I'm laughing now A LOT) and it's kind of like a shell
(Kerry is now laughing A LOT too and I'm still trying to explain how they turn into butterflies while laughing, so Kohen gets down and comes around the cooler)
Me: And when they break out of the cocoon they are a butterfly

(Sage is chomping away on the poor caterpillar)(Kerry and I are dying laughing by now)

Kohen: HEEEEEY, Sage is eating the caterpillar!!! Sage is eating him!!!

Me: Bad Sage, you are NOT supposed to eat caterpillars....I'm sorry sweetie:)

I think I laughed the whole time typing this stupid post....It was one of those moments that I won't soon forget....

And then I had to post some of Miss Kresee....She made me a little angry....She won't eat a lick of food, but she sure does open wide for a bite of ice cream (no we didn't give her any, but she would have if we let her!!!!)

1 comment:

LaceeDiann said...

oh that is too funny! She is a girl after my own heart, she really wants some maggie moos!