Sunday, January 5, 2014

Red River 2014

We just got back from Red River, NM yesterday. We had our annual ski trip with the kiddos. My dad and Sallye came along too. I'm always thankful when they do come and the kids enjoy spending time with them. It helps because Sallye only skiis a half day so she is there to keep Kresee in the afternoon when we go back out after lunch time.
 
We broke it up this year like last year which I like. Went to Dumas last Tuesday and spent the night. Another fun eventful New Years Eve. But this year was so much better driving into Red River. Last year was some terrible weather; so much I was pretty worried about getting there. This year was only crazy b/c of the wind and 1,000 tumbleweeds. Kohen thought it was hysterical. It was like a video game of dodging massive tumbleweeds. It will killing me because I didn't want them hitting my new car, but we couldn't avoid them all. It was seriously the craziest thing I've seen in a long time.
 
My favorite view is this lake that is frozen over coming around a sharp curve. It means you are super close to getting there.
 We got into town and our condo wasn't quite ready yet. So we went and got our skiis/boots. We let the kids play outside a little bit in the snow.
 We went ahead and bought tubing tickets for that first day to get it out of the way. After a full day of skiing, it's hard to make it in and then you are pretty exhausted.

 Thursday and Friday we skied as much as possible. Kresee did great for her 2nd time around. Kohen again is a little pro and needs no help.
 
 
 
 
 
 Playing in all the snow at the condo...
 
 
 
 Then constant iPad in the evenings. We would all get in our jammies and hang out and eat dinner. Had plenty of excellent bowl games to watch including OU beating Alabama!!!
I have our ski pictures but need to find the CD to add them on here:)

No comments: