Saturday, June 8, 2013

Run for Rosie 5K

Today I put on my first ever 5K and 1 mile fun run....I've ran plenty and I enjoy signing up for local ones here in town....Although I knew it wouldn't be easy, my friend Jamie and I were able to pull it off....One of Kohen's sweet friends since preschool has a mom who was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma...Jamie and I knew we wanted to do something and we thought this would be a doable event and one that we could try and raise some money for their family...We met back in February and decided on the name "Run for Rosie" and came up with the tshirt design....And then the next almost 4 months of my life were dedicated to getting this thing going:)...I can't even begin to describe how great everything went...So many people came out and participated...We were able to raise over $4,000 for her family (that's even after paying for all the tshirts and the chip timing people)....Pretty darn good for a 5K....I just know that we had a lot more people come out than other 5K runs that are established here in town so we were so happy about it all....We had 90+ run the 5K and I don't know how many walked/ran the 1 mile....

We let the kids compete for the 1 mile fun run...The top 3 boys and the top 3 girls got medals...Kohen was so wanting a medal...He ran so hard and did sooooo good but came in as the 5th place boy which was awesome!!!! But disappointing to him....His cousin Jaxson got 1st place for the boys and beat everyone...He did amazing...
I think he knew we were pretty darn proud of him...He got over it pretty quickly because he loves helping and he got right into volunteer mode for the 5K runners...
The kids and Kerry loved passing out water...Kohen's favorite was at the finish line handing the people a cup right when they got done...
Me, Rosie and Jamie







No comments: