Saturday, April 13, 2013

1st 5K RUN!!

I signed Kohen and I up for his first ever 1 mile fun run this morning...He has been asking for a year now to do one and it's just never worked out with baseball or soccer games...We always seem to have something going on...So this year we were finally good to go and he was pretty excited...We went and dropped Kresee off with Daddy at work and headed up to the Autism Awareness 1 mile walk/5K fun run at Lucy Park...We lined up behind the runners and we just started jogging right along with them...A little too much with the runners I guess because we missed our half way point cut off to turn around and head back to the finish line...I knew at about .75 miles in that we were no longer on the 1 mile route and let him know we either turn around or we do the whole thing...He decided he would give it a try....Several times even after then I said we can turn around anytime but he was determined to do the whole 3.1 miles....We walked a lot but we had a great time...It was a beautiful morning and I couldn't have enjoyed precious one-on-one time with my sweet boy anymore than outside exercising with him...I told him to run it in at the end so I could get some pics of him crossing the finish line of his first ever 5K!!...Afterwards "mommy, that was pretty easy"...He did great and I'm so proud of him....
 

We had a 4:00 soccer game today as well and I was pretty worried that he would use the excuse of this run and being too tired and lazy today at soccer...But he did great playing and even scored 1 of our 6 or 7 goals...We won 6 or 7 to nothing...He played great on the field and was goalie for a half today as well...

No comments: