Monday, November 19, 2012

Henderson Family Farm Field Trip

Kohen's 1st grade classes went on a field trip today...Again, I feel so lucky that I get to participate in everything he does:)...We drove an hour and it was a gorgeous day...A little windy, but not bad for the middle of November...
Here they are just getting off the buses...Kohen and Sam are such good buds
 They rotated them through 4 stations...First up was the big tractor...
 Everyone got to climb up in it...
 Then off to feed the cows and 2 donkeys....
Kohen was so excited about something; he's jumping up and down
 I loved this picture...All the cows came wanting to eat except this mama and her baby calf that was born just this morning!!
 Station #3 was showing how they used to mark the cows in the old days...
 We had a little down time, so lots of duck-duck-goose
Station #4 was the petting/feeding portion..They had chickens, pigs, miniature ponies, ducks, etc
 Free time spent playing in an old McDonald playland...Kohen and his friends played football...And a lot of kids gathered up 100's of pecans...
 Kohen got to meet this sweet little 3 legged dog
 Then it was a picnic lunch....

And back to school in the bus...I rode with a friend up there but rode in the bus back and I almost got car sick..I don't do well for long periods of time in the car when I'm not up in the front seat!

No comments: