Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Happy 5th Kohen

This boy turned 5 today...This is a big birthday...One he's been waiting on for quite some time...It gets harder and harder for him every year...He gets to hear how all his friends are having birthdays and turning 5 and he always has to wait until April...So thank goodness it's here:)....

Last night he did tell me he can't wait because his body is going to turn into 5 years and he won't even feel it...Then he went into something about turning 100 and needing a wheelchair...And if you are 100, then you are probably dead. And he has a short timer in his brain, so he will die before he turns 100....


He continues to crack us up daily with the things he has to say...He woke up and got out of bed...I asked how he felt...He shrugged his shoulders and just kept looking down his body...I said what are you doing..."Just seeing if I grew"...I, of course, told him he definitely looked taller to me:)

Kerry and I took pizza and cookies up to school to eat lunch with him...Here he is with his favorite people--Bella, Reid and Canyon....
I promised him some Starbucks so we went by this morning to get him an iced caramel macchiato...He didn't finish it so he could pull it back out at lunch:)

Our picture before we headed back to work and he took his afternoon nap:)

Tonight was our family party....His party with his friends isn't until Saturday...

He wanted a soccer ball and baseball on his cake....And that's just what he got!

Family picture before everyone got here.....Singing Happy Birthday to him...He definitely gets his shyness from me...He gets a little embarrassed from all the attention...I hated being sung to as a kid and really as an adult!!


Blowing out ALL those candles....

He luckily didn't get too much stuff....Some new games for his TV, OU football helmet with a uniform, a scooter, clothes, shoes and money:)

Jaxson and Kohen playing some football in the living room....These boys could do this for hours....

And of course the girls love playing with each other.....

And as always, I have to go back and look at old pictures and post some...I like having them in the same spot...It just always amazes me how much they change and grow so quickly...This was a big birthday...An emotional one for me---I didn't cry:) but 5 years old!!...I mean I don't feel old enough to have a 5 year old who is going to be starting KG...That's a whole different thing--Kindergarten.....




6 Days old...geez, he's so tiny:)....


Only a few weeks old here:)
And I had to put this one up....I have a really hard time looking back at pictures because of her...Kohen loved Biskit...And she sure loved him....I just bawl everytime I see her sweet face...
Another chubby face that melts my heart....I laugh at how straight his hair is especially as a baby...I mean super straight and it was always so perfect...Sooo opposite of wild woman Kresee's hair....
1st birthday party...
2nd birthday....It cracks me up looking at this age comparing Kresee to Kohen....

3rd birthday party....His favorite Star Wars cake...And he still loves Star Wars
And then of course last year turning the big 4 with everything football...


Thanks sweet boy for making me a mommy 5 years ago....You have such a sweet spirit....You love to learn...You ask 100's of questions daily...So much I have to tell you to please stop because I don't know every answer!...You talk and talk and want everyone to listen...I have a feeling that talking is what is gonna keep you in trouble at school...You know everything and need everyone to know you know everything...The funny thing is that you pretty much know what you are talking about:)

You have the best memory...You seriously remember every.little.thing...."Remember when I was 2 years old and you took me to the park and I stepped in that mud puddle"--Sure sweetie, of course I remember that!....And don't try and sneak anything past you because you will know it....

You love all things football, OU, Coyotes, Florida Gators and Minnesota Vikings--basically anything sports related...That's pretty much how you know learned your numbers...Learning how to read the scoreboards ("If the Coyotes have 87 and the Vikings have 62, whose winning?")...You love reading all the numbers on football jerseys....You can sit and watch the same football video over and over and never get tired of it...You love "replaying" everything and by golly you don't give up until we watch you give slow motion reinactments of football plays or soccer moves....

You are a pretty good little athlete who needs to have a little more confidence in himself (I can't imagine where you get that from!)...You even sleep with a real football at night:)

You love music...Daddy and I probably dont let you listen to the best music but you enjoy it all...We have to make sure we get edited versions of most of them...

I still don't know how you survive since you continue to not eat very much...You are super picky and eat the same things every single day...

But you are a tough little guy...I'm so glad you aren't a little cry baby when you get hurt or lose a soccer game ...You rarely cry and are a good sport...

Although you drive me completely nuts someday (and you know it) you sure are a sweetheart...One who still loves his mommy to put him to bed everynight...One who does get upset if I forget to give a hug or a kiss...You are so good about saying how much you love us...

You are such a wonderful big brother...You put up with Kresee when she is bothering you...



Anyways, Happy 5th birthday sweet boy...I hope it was a wonderful one....I'm sure you will remember it always!!

No comments: