Sunday, October 10, 2010

Race for the Cure

Kerry and I signed up a few weeks ago to run in the Race for the Cure....This is only Kerry's 2nd 5K race and it was my 1st!...I was a little nervous...Eventhough I go run 3 or 3.5 miles own my own, I've never signed up for anything like this with such a big crowd....Over 3,000 people signed up to run or walk...

Luckily I had my friend Angela run with me...She's a pro...Done some 10K's before:)....She kept me at a good pace (which I know was probably a little slower than she is used to eventhough she swears its not)....We finished up in the 28th minute...Like 28.22 was the times I think....I needed her b/c Kerry left us in the dust finishing in the 24th minute!...
I don't have a picture after the race...But we really were fine and not too tired...Angela was just getting in her groove and could have gone several more miles...I'm not so sure about that!...But I really just wanted to run for Mike...I didn't sign up with the intention of running for him...But seeing as how he has been in the hospital this entire week because of a horrible staph infection, he said to run it for him....Eventhough this was for breast cancer, he's fighting his own battle with cancer and I thought of him numerous times while running....

No comments: