Friday, August 31, 2012

Sugar--Foster Attempt #2

I saw this picture on the HS facebook page last week...Of course she caught my eye because of her sad beagle face..They said she was a 2-3 year old beagle mix....
Followed by this awful picture...Totally broke my heart to read that someone had found her and took her out the HS because the flea collar that was put on her as a little puppy was now completely embedded into her neck...She was having trouble breathing and was a sad sight...The HS was able to cut it off her neck while she gave them kisses the entire time...She was grateful and so they named her Sugar b/c she was good at giving kisses....She went to the vet the next day to be treated and get on some antibiotics...She was weighing heavy on my heart...I showed Kerry and he said let's get her...So I texted the foster coordinator and she said they had a foster already lined up...But I was glad we offered and that she was going to be taken care of...
 Well this past Wednesday, the foster coordinator texted me and said it fell through and would we still be willing to take Sugar...I said of course....I went out there yesterday to meet Sugar...She loved chewing on her chew stick so I could never get a cute picture of her...But she was so stinking sweet and playful...Full of energy and you wouldn't even know what she had been through....I wanted her to meet me b/c I was hopefully going to take her home the next day if they let me since she was on medicince....

 They called back later Thursday afternoon and said I could come and get her today...So luckily Kresee had headed to the lake with Maw and Papa...Kohen headed to the Old High football game out of town with Shellie and Jaxson...So Kerry and I went to the HS after we got off work to pick her up...We came home and bathed her...She obviously was covered in ticks and fleas b/c she had TONS of scabs covering her body and ears...She did pretty well with her bath...We had a harness since she couldn't wear a collar and she didn't seem to mind...She was so stinking friendly that she was crazy excited to meet our dogs...Immediately, Kerry and I knew there was no way she was 2-3 years old like Ellie...She was a full blown PUPPY....We got all the dogs used to each other...Parker barked at her non-stop...Would just follow her and bark...My sister came over and said she's definitely not even a year old...
But we got all packed up...Her and Ellie clicked immediately and played and played...
 They had a great time on our bed while we loaded the car....
 She rode very nicely in the car all the way to the lake...Didn't move from the backseat...Her and Ellie laid together...I think they are going to get along well...I think she will be a good playmate for Ellie...She has pottied outside and done well so far...So I'm hoping she does great at the lake this weekend with us...I'm glad we have a good long weekend to spend time with her....
She is just precious....

No comments: