Tuesday, November 22, 2011

City of Lights

I ran in the City of Lights 5k this weekend. This was my 2nd time to run in it. I actually haven't run in a 5K race since this one last year! I know you don't remember but I got 1st place and didn't know it, so I never got my medal.
It was a warm 80 degrees and windy on Saturday at 4 pm so I was worried about the run. I've not run in warm temps in awhile. Luckily it turned out very pretty. My goal was to beat my previous time of 28:45. It was a new course and actually ended up being 3.19 instead of 3.1.
But I finished in 27:50 (new PR) if I stopped at the 3.1 mark. I placed 3rd in my age and I stayed to get my medal this time!!
Mike got 3rd in his age group as well (and had already run 11 miles that morning!!)


Ashley and I. She did great!!


The next morning I got up way early and ran 7 miles. I didn't want to overdo it. So I really need to get a 10 miler in this weekend to be ready for my half in 2 weeks!!!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: